We Achieve Excellence
Oilfield Services Done Right
At Silverline Services we pride ourselves in providing a variety of oilfield services with the most skilled employees in the industry. From groundwork to automation design, installation and programming we’ve got you covered.
We handle any metal work, finish painting, component installation, and maintenance to make sure your needs are met to your highest expectations. From blowcase enclosures and heaters to custom panels for control systems we have the ability fill all your industry needs.
Silverline Services offers a wide variety of oilfield electrical services. From underground cable installation and custom motor controls to instrumentation, automation and programming. Whether its a service call or a new installation our automation technicians have the training and tools needed to complete the job on time and with the quality that the Silverline name guarantees.
At Silverline Services , we place emphasis on operational safety. We consistently exceed established industry standards, policies and procedures. We meet and exceed safety and environmental regulations. We take pride in the planning and decision making processes so that we execute every operation as safe and efficient as possible.
Our technical and professional staff possesses knowledge, experience and perspectives from many disciplines and backgrounds. This enables us to develop the most appropriate solutions to each unique project.
Silverline Services cares about providing quality work and highly valued relationships with our customers. From planning to completion, each project is personally handled by experts who communicate thoroughly with our customers to clarify their concerns and expectations. We take pride in our ongoing effort to promote safety and the well being of our team members, clients, and the quality of the environment.
Award Winning Safety Record
Our number one priority is safety. Putting safety first helps guarantee high quality results for our clients. Working safely creates the kind of environment that allows us to attract and retain outstanding employees.
Our Workforce is constantly Improving
We’ve implemented a new training system for all employees that includes cross training in all relevant areas of the company. We think this commitment to our workforce is really a commitment to you, our customer. Our employees understand the flow of the oilfield from well to truck or pipeline which enables them to do the job right the first time every time, while also enabling them to identify issues before its too late.
We are raising the bar
Thanks to our training and hiring of the best in the industry this has been a year of unprecedented growth or us, including an expansion of our clients and the types of projects we’ve been trusted with. Thanks to all who work with us!
- Applicants need to be safety minded, reliable, loyal, dependable and have a “Get it Done RIGHT” attitude.
- Must have Clean MVR and valid Colorado driver’s license (NO DUI/Reckless driving in past 5 yrs) and be at least 21 years old.
- Work will be done outdoors in ALL weather conditions. 50+ hours per week, Monday thru Friday, 6:30 am until the daily jobs are completed. Overtime and occasional weekend work will be required.
- Oilfield experience a plus, not required. CDL preferred. Wiring/low voltage electrical and Automation/ Process controls experience a plus!
- Attention to detail, energetic and dedicated Professional, clean-cut appearance
- Training will be provided. must pass drug test and range of motion / physical demands evaluation, Workers Comp and health history prior to start date.
- Pay will be based on experience and aptitude. Starting wage is dependent on experience and aptitude.
- Benefits eligible after 60/90 days of employment – includes health insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Automation Technician will have the ability to design solutions for difficult problems, be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines. Develop plans on how to accomplish departmental goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all systems, electrical and mechanical
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot automated instrumentation and measurement systems
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components– photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, frequency inverters
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude.